A Guide On Ways to Show Appreciation for a Job Well Done
Are tips expected?
In a nutshell, tips are completely optional. While employees in the moving industry do appreciate a thoughtful tip, our crew at Master Movers in Portland never enters a job expecting an extra tip.
That said, if you happen to feel that a team or particular crew member went truly above and beyond expectations, a kind tip would be well-received.
If I do decide to tip, should it be in cash?
Cash is often preferred, but any form of tip is very much valued. Treating a team to lunch or dinner is also wonderful!
A couple quick notes in terms of food offerings:
- While pizza may be the quintessential offering for moving crews, and our team does very much appreciate it, they also love to be treated to something different.
- While not many of our crew have food allergies, we proudly feature a diverse staff. Asking if any particular team member might have any allergies is a very nice gesture.
- We would like to highlight how much our crew loves working with our clients. We love being able to help you make these transitions!
If I do want to tip, then what is standard?
There are a lot of varying opinions on how much to tip your moving crew. Oddly enough, tipping on a percentage of the total bill isn’t necessarily as applicable as it would be in say a restaurant.
Instead, it helpful to think of how many hours the crew worked and how difficult the work was. A few examples of factors to consider:
- How much heavy lifting was the crew doing?
- Did the team masterfully navigate any narrow corridors or sharp corners?
- Did they do an impressive job in particularly intense weather conditions, such as a super hot day, or slippery ground with ice/snow?
For a full day of moving, some like to tip a flat amount per person depending on the nature of the job.
Dependable Moving Services in Portland, OR
Our hardworking team at Master Movers appreciates every type of moving project, big and small. Whether you are moving locally from Vancouver to Sandy, or are moving long distance from Sellwood to across the country, we are happy to help every step of the way.
We are here to help take out the stress from moving for you. Get an extra hand making that transition. Contact Master Movers at 503-762-1288 today!